Linda Beitz, Ed.D., is committed to human beings flourishing at work and in life. Linda’s current work includes:
- Coaching senior leaders – individual and team leadership effectiveness
- Coaching talented leaders with abrasive behaviors – increasing interpersonal competence
- Coaching and training in conversational competence – the essential skills for building positive and productive relationships with others, such as: developing shared values and working agreements, handling breakdowns in performance or conduct, designing team meetings that promote engagement and results, giving/receiving/soliciting improvement feedback, working effectively across silos, resolving interpersonal or group conflict, etc.
- Facilitating team and organizational change using Appreciative Inquiry practices that foster inclusive and innovative workplace environments where everyone is a learner and a leader
Linda earned a Doctorate in Education Leadership from Indiana University and also holds the following certifications:
- Mediation and Applied Conflict Studies
- Immunity to Change Workshop Facilitation
- Leadership Circle Profile and the Leadership Culture Survey
- Team Diagnostic Survey – 6 Conditions for Team Effectiveness,
- Appreciative Inquiry – a Model for Positive Change in Human Systems
- Science and Practice of Managing Abrasive Behaviors
Linda is a member of the International Coach Federation (ICF); Boss Whispering Institute; Association for Conflict Resolution; and is an affiliate member of the Institute of Coaching (IOC), a Harvard Affiliate.
Linda co-authored A Positive Manifesto – How Appreciative Organizing Can Transform Public Education (Burrello, Beitz, & Mann, 2015) and the SWIFT Center State Education Agency Blueprint for Equity Based Inclusive Educational Reform (Beitz, Mitchiner, Sailor, & Lord-Nelson, 2016), a brief on the role of states in implementing whole system educational change.
Some clients and organizations served include: Sikich, LLP, IL; First Congregational Church of Western Springs; IL, UN Women, NYC; Center for Disability and Elder Care, Chicago, IL; Grane Healthcare, PA; Bendyworks, Madison, WI; Plastipak Packaging, IL; Aloft Aerial Arts, Chicago, IL; Champlain College, Burlington, VT; Charlotte Selectboard, VT; City of Chicago, Chicago, IL; Farm to School Network, VT; Harper College, Palatine, IL; Higher Learning Commission, Chicago, IL; Institute for Sustainable Communities, VT; KITCO, Montreal, Canada; Latin School of Chicago; MA Urban Project, MA; Roundstone International Inc., VT; University of Kansas Schoolwide Integrated Framework for Transformation (SWIFT) Center; University of South Florida, Gulf Coast Partnership Project, Tampa, FL; and private individuals and organizations.
Linda resides in Chicago, IL, USA. She is the proud mother of two young adults – each a great coach in enhancing her own ability to have better conversations, better relationships, better results.